Friday, September 8, 2006

Orthodox Jewish man forced off Air Canada Jazz for praying!

Yes, it's true. So, so sad. I have known about the antisemitism in Quebec (the plane was from Montreal) for years, but this is incredible. There has not been a single instance of a Jew taking down an airplane, sorry. Not one instance. If we really hope to combat terrorism, this certainly is not the way to do it! Because, riiiiiight, we really have to fear orthodox Jewish rabbis. I really worry they will be blowing up planes. //sarcasm over I am glad I have never flown Air Canada, and despite my love of Toronto, I will try and avoid Air Canada in the future. Next time I go to Canada, I will endeavor to fly via Westjet or American Airlines.

3 comments:

Thomas Forsyth said...

Well, I'll never fly Air Canada again, not that I liked them anyway.

For traveling to Canada, my own preference would be by train, as you could take atrin to Rochester and ferry to Toronto or straigh there, though I imagine you will be more pressed for time. Last time I went to Toronto, I flew Jet Blue to Buffalo then Greyhound to Toronto.

Red Tulips said...

Thomas,

I didn't see this get any media attention, either!

And I didn't realize the Greyhound from Buffalo was really feasible. Hmm...probably more economical to do that.

BHCh said...

What?!!!!

I fly regularly and it is not unusual for a passanger sitting next to me to pray. Most often it's Christans, presumably people who are scared to fly.

I have never seen anyone taken off the plane for praying.