I have been speaking to Red Tulips about what values are important for me in society. I came up with this basic list of values:
- Secular law.
- Freedom of expression.
- Freedom of religion.
- *Any* religion - because religion is a personal matter, not state business.
- Religious practices that breach secular law will be deemed illegal.
- A state can have an official religion if it likes, so long as everyone has freedom of religion.
- A representative and accountable government.
- A strong chocolate industry. ;-)
- Standing behind these values and not subscribing to cultural and/or moral relativism.
If you could create any society, what would its values?