Take a look at that article, but not just the article. The comments are good too. For example:
- The richest Israeli is a woman
- The richest Arab (30 Billion) is richer than the richest Israeli (4 Billion)
- Bin Laden is richer than the richest Israeli
- Despite the fact that so many claim that Bin Laden fights the rich for the poor
- And despite the fact that so many claim that the Jews have all the money and oppress the poor Arab world
But there are two different types of wealth. One is based on bringing new wealth into the world, like inventing a new gadget or creating products. The other is based on claiming what others could claim too if they had the power.
I put it to this forum that most rich Israelis made their money by creating wealth, by contributing to the world what did not exist before or by contributing capital to such enterprises.
And I put it to this forum that a number of the richest Arabs made their money from sitting on oil and related benefits, while contributing nothing to the world’s total wealth themselves.
- Andrew Brehm
I’m surprised that their brothers in Gaza and other Palestinians had to suffer so much considering what that wealth could have done to ease their suffering. [They] could have built power plants, factories, housing and maybe even a new greenhouse? And think of how nice those refugee camps could be. Shoot, they could even build an island or two (AK47 shaped perhaps?) for even more land to live on.
Funny, and true.