Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Journeying Back to the Shire

Recently I had the honour of being interviewed by the incomparable Tom Paine for the best Anglospheric podcast around: Shire Network News. It was about my intellectual journey out of Islam and back to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness - in other words, my induction into the great Zionist Conspiracy. But that is not what I would like to talk about in this post. I have been listening to Shire Network News for many months now and the quality of commentary is always excellent. The combination of scrutiny and occasional mockery is superb, but there is no analytical depth sacrificed in whatever subject matter is being discussed. It is very clear that the hosts know that their listeners are intelligent people; there is no oratory or polemic being hurled around anywhere. And as a listener, I certainly have never heard them address me as "You people". Each SNN show is something truly rare, and I recommend the podcast highly. It's better than what I hear on radio, given that this podcast is a whole lot more fun and educational. How many shows can boast to have interviewed people like Andrew Roberts, Douglas Murray, Mark Steyn, Raphael Israeli, Robert Spencer, Walid Phares... and so on? Shire Network News. It rocks. (Oh, and Tom: just why the hell is my Cosmic-Zionist-Conspiracy-inductee cheque so late?)

1 comment:

Thomas Forsyth said...

I'm still waiting on mine. Myabe I don't get them until after I convert :)