Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Rather Sad Terry Pratchett News (He's not dead)

He has announced that he is suffering from a rare form of early onset Alzheimer's.

Folks,

I would have liked to keep this one quiet for a little while, but because of upcoming conventions and of course the need to keep my publishers informed, it seems to me unfair to withhold the news. I have been diagnosed with a very rare form of early onset Alzheimer's, which lay behind this year's phantom "stroke".

Rest of statement.

He is one of my favourite authors, so this has come as a bit of a shock, but at least Terry Pratchett himself intends to carry on writing while he still can.

"Certain things have to happen before other things. Gods play games with the fates of men. But first they have to get all the pieces on the board, and look all over the place for the dice."

An extract from Soul Music by Terry Pratchett.

3 comments:

Mojoey said...

How sad - Prachett is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I saw this a little while ago. Here's hoping he is able to cope and continue to provide us with his wonderful worlds.

John Rohan said...

I'm sure it's not intentional, but your title makes it sound like you are sad because he's not dead...

BTW, when are you doing to update your site?